1. The latest dark web news feature the BRATA Android trojan, which is the most recent malware attack activated in 2022. However, the virus was first linked to the WhatsApp dark web virus released back in 2019.
2. Equipped with more advanced capabilities, it now targets financial institutions. Reports link the BRATA Android trojan to fraudulent wire transfers where it stealthily infiltrates bank accounts and steals funds via fake bank wires.
3. The 2022 BRATA Android trojan was first released in 2019. With the instant messenger WhatsApp its main target. The virus was sent as a WhatsApp update to unsuspecting users. By clicking on the mysterious update, the malware would maliciously spread by utilizing a host of assault vectors. According to cyber threat analysts, the overwhelming variations gave the malware the capacity of a trojan.
4. It has the capacity of creating fake bank wire via ACH debits. Thus, this malware is set to create a whole lot of havoc in 2022. And not only will personal accounts come under attack, but it could apparently crumbles the financial sector to its proverbial knees.
5. The new 2022 BRATA malware is difficult to detect as the dark web hackers behind this problematic trojan have equipped it with countless key logging capacities through its built-in VNC system.
6. Could you imagine being spied on by dark web hackers? Well, analysts tracking the intrusive malware states that the 2022 version of the BRATA Android trojan comes outfitted with GPS capacity, that could be used to facilitate future cyber attacks.
7. The virus got its name from Brazil, as the 2019 release was first discovered in that country. Thus, its selected name of (BRATA – Brazilian RAT Android).
8. In 2022, the recently released version has spread like wildfire to other countries. Reports show that banks across several countries have come under attack from the BRATA Android trojan. The affected financial institutions are in Italy, Latin America, the United Kingdom (UK), and Poland. With its undetectable nature, it is expected to infiltrate banks in North America and spread across the European continent.
9. The 2022 BRATA Android trojan mode of spreading is through android devices. Therefore, cyber analysts warned that consumers should take precautionary measures when downloading anything on the Internet.
10. It successfully defies all virus detection because its malware downloader has several communication channels. With its capability, it can easily communicate with C&C servers and GPS tracking devices.
11. The BRATA trojan, once it infiltrates an android device can inconspicuously perform a factory reset on hacked gadgets.
12. The 2022 BRATA Android malware comes in three different languages, with English being the most prominent at the moment. However, cyber analysts discovered renditions in Spanish and Chinese. Hence, as indicated by the cyber hacking analysts, the dark web hackers behind this dangerous malware, intend to cause some crippling destruction with their newest hacking invention on a global scale.